Google’s AI chatbot, Bard, has rolled out a new update that lets users converse with it in Hindi and several other languages, among other new features.
What Happened? The Alphabet Inc company’s latest update to Bard on July 13 has introduced a number of new features, including new languages, availability in different regions, Google Lens support, text-to-speech capabilities and more.
Bard, which is Google's answer to Microsoft-backed ChatGPT, is an experimental conversational AI service. Google's announced the chatbot in February and opened access to it in March, asking users to join a waitlist. Users in India were able to access the chatbot on May 11.
What’s New With Bard?
Here is a quick summary of all the new changes to Bard introduced in the latest update:
A Guide to the New Changes in Bard
Bard is available in new places and languages:
- Bard now supports over 40 additional languages, including Arabic, Chinese (Simplified/Traditional), German, Hindi, Spanish, and more.
- Access to Bard has been expanded to include all 27 countries in the European Union (EU) and Brazil.
Google Lens in Bard:
- You can now upload images alongside text in your conversations with Bard, incorporating the usefulness of Google Lens.
- This feature is currently available in English, allowing you to explore new creative possibilities and gather information related to images.
Bard can read responses out loud:
- Text-to-speech capabilities have been added to Bard in over 40 languages, including Hindi, Spanish, and US English.
- You can use audio input to interact with the chatbot by clicking the microphone button in the input box.
Pinned And Recent Threads:
- Pick up where you left off with your past Bard conversations and organize them according to your needs.
- You can now pin conversations, rename them, and manage multiple conversations simultaneously, ensuring a seamless creative process.
Share your Bard conversations with others:
- Sharing your Bard chat has become simpler with the introduction of shareable links.
- Others can easily access your chat and any sources, fostering collaboration, inspiration, and the sharing of creative processes.
Modify Bard’s responses:
- Five new options have been added to modify Bard’s responses, allowing you to customise the tone and style.
- Make responses simpler, longer, shorter, more professional, or more casual to align with your desired outcome.
Export Python code to Replit:
- Bard’s export capabilities have been expanded to include Replit, in addition to Google Colab.
- Streamline your programming workflow by seamlessly moving Bard interactions into Replit.
Read Next: Wipro Q1: Profit Jumps 12%, Revenue Up 6%
Get all the latest Share Market trends and news to set you up for the week ahead.
© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.