Mumbai Kid Finds Lizard In Sambhar Served In School Lunch, 30 Students Taken To Clinic

Around 30 students of Kamraj Memorial English High and Junior College located in Dharavi were taken to the private clinic in Sion after a lizard was found in one of their plates during lunchtime.

According to Shahu Nagar police, the lunch was not provided by the aforementioned school, but by a neighbouring local hotel named JP Hotel.

“Parents who were unable to make lunch and breakfast for their children had tied up with JP Hotel, who provided lunch to school children every day. It mostly consisted of Idli, Sambhar, and other south-Indian food," said an official.

See Also: Woman Finds 8 Cockroaches In Her Dosa, Files Complaint Against Restaurant

On Wednesday, one child noticed a lizard floating on the sambhar when the children were being served food. Panicked, the student started throwing up by inserting his finger down his throat. Other students, seeing this, started throwing up by imitating the same. Students were in class 5 and 6. As per standard operating procedure, children were taken to a nearby clinic named Ayush for testing for food poisoning. 

“Hospital authorities informed that no food poisoning has occurred to any of the children, and hence they were all sent back home with their parents,” added an official

“The food samples were collected by the FDA for examination and once the report is out, we will move forward with any case. As of now, no parents have approached us or registered any case with us,” said DCP Tejaswi Satpute, Zone 5. 

Senior FDA officials said that they have collected the samples which have been sent to a laboratory for testing.

Read Next: Mobile Mandis On Indian Roads: How This Odisha Man’s ‘Swades’ Story Revolutionised Rural Markets

This story originally appeared in the Free Press Journal and is published here under a mutual content-sharing agreement.

Don't miss a beat on the share market. Get real-time updates on top stock movers and trading ideas on Benzinga India Telegram channel.