Tata Technologies CEO Lays Out Post-IPO Plans, Chipmaking On The Cards

Tata Technologies’ CEO and managing director Warren Harris said India will play a crucial role in the company’s global operations over the next five years. Currently, over 30% of Tata Technologies’ revenue is derived from India, and the company sees immense growth potential in the coming years, he added.

What Happened: Tata Technologies aims for the country becoming a hub for engineering, research and development (ER&D) on a global scale, Harris said in an interview with the Economic Times. Leveraging India’s demographic advantage and track record in delivering professional services, the company plans to position India as a key player in the global manufacturing landscape. To achieve this, Tata Technologies is investing significantly in its workforce and building strong relationships with customers, he said.

See Also: Should You Subscribe To Tata Technologies IPO? These Analysts Say Yes

Big Spending, Big Opportunities: Discussing the aerospace sector, Tata Technologies highlighted its investments in Air India, having procured over $100 billion (₹8.33 lakh crore) in aircraft. The company anticipates that India’s substantial influence in the global aerospace market will propel growth. With the demand for aircraft expected to double in the next two decades, Tata Technologies foresees India not only contributing resources and skills but also emerging as a crucial market in the aerospace industry.

Currently, Tata Technologies focuses on providing 80% of its solutions in professional services, with the remaining 20% dedicated to the technology business. The company has a strong presence in automotive, aerospace and heavy industry machinery. When questioned about expansion plans, Harris affirmed the firm’s commitment to these sectors, citing opportunities in automotive, aerospace, transport and construction heavy machinery.

Acknowledging the demand curve in the automotive industry, Harris expressed interest in exploring opportunities in hi-tech and medical equipment. The company is also actively collaborating with chip manufacturers to deliver software-defined vehicle solutions, indicating a strategic move into diverse verticals in the future.

Read Next: Listing Gains After IPO? Here’s What Tata Technologies’ GMP Looks Like

Don't miss a beat on the share market. Get real-time updates on top stock movers and trading ideas on Benzinga India Telegram channel.

Posted In: NewsIPOsInterviewAir IndiaChipmakingTata GroupTata Technologies