The United Kingdom offers a unique opportunity for young Indian professionals to live and work in the country through the India Young Professionals Scheme visa. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the process of applying for this visa, including eligibility criteria, the application process, and what to expect after applying.
What is the UK Young Professionals Scheme?
The UK Young Professionals Scheme, also known as the India Young Professionals Scheme, is part of the UK-India Mobility and Migration Partnership. This scheme allows Indian citizens aged between 18 and 30, who hold a bachelor's degree or higher, to live and work in the UK for two years. Applicants must have savings of £2,530 (₹2.66 lakh) and a clear criminal record. The scheme issues 3,000 visas annually.
How to apply for the UK Young Professionals Scheme?
The application process for the UK Young Professionals Scheme involves several steps:
- Ballot Application: The first step is to apply for the ballot of the India Young Professionals Scheme. The ballot closes on July 27 at 1:30 pm India Standard Time.
- Online Application: If successful in the ballot, you can proceed to apply online via the UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) portal.
- Visa Application Centre: You may need to visit a visa application centre for biometric data collection.
- UK Immigration: ID Check App: You can also use the “UK Immigration: ID Check” app to scan your identity document.
- UKVI Account: As part of the application process, you will need to create or sign into your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account.
- Youth Mobility Scheme Visa: When applying, you need to apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa and select “India” as your nationality.
- Invitation to Apply: After these steps, you will receive an invitation to apply for the visa.
What are the eligibility requirements for the UK Young Professionals Scheme?
To be eligible for the UK Young Professionals Scheme, you must:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be aged between 18 and 30
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher
- Have £2,530 (₹2.66 lakh) in savings
- Have no children under the age of 18 who live with you
- Have no children for whom you're financially responsible
- Not have already lived in the UK as part of the YPS scheme
You can check the full list of eligibility requirements here.
What are the activities allowed under the UK Young Professionals Scheme?
Under the UK Young Professionals Scheme, you are allowed to:
- Study at a university or college
- Work in most occupations
- Establish a business or be self-employed
However, there are restrictions on extending your visit, applying for social welfare benefits, including family members in your visa application, and performing as a competitive athlete.
What is the process time and cost for the UK Young Professionals Scheme?
The decision on your application is usually made within 3 weeks, but you can pay for a faster decision. The application fee is £259 (₹27,237), and there is a health surcharge of £940 (₹98,855). Priority and super-priority services are available for an additional fee.
What happens after applying for the UK Young Professionals Scheme?
After applying, you will receive an email containing the decision on your application. You can request to cancel your application, but the fee will only be refunded if UKVI has not started processing your application. The email will also explain the validity and conditions of your visa, and whether you have been granted a vignette or online immigration status information.
What are the requirements for the UK Young Professionals Scheme?
To apply for the UK Young Professionals Scheme, you will need:
- A current passport or identity document
- Bank statements showing your savings
- Evidence of your qualifications
- A valid tuberculosis (TB) test result
- A criminal background check
Get Ring The Bell, Benzinga India’s weekly briefing. Designed specifically for investors like you.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.