JioTag is a bluetooth tracking device launched by Reliance Jio in India just over a week ago as an affordable little gadget to help users locate their lost or misplaced items. The device connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth, similar to TWS earbuds, and has a range of up to 20 meters indoors and 50 meters outdoors in direct line of sight.
It can show the last location of the tagged item but does not provide live location tracking like Apple’s AirTag. The JioTag also includes a speaker, but it’s not very loud. The battery life of the JioTag is estimated to last between nine to 12 months, depending on usage, and an extra battery is included in the box for free.
How is JioTag similar to Apple’s AirTag?
|Remote locking and proximity alerts
|“Lost Mode” feature
|Rechargeable battery with a lifespan of up to a year
|Replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery with a lifespan of up to a year
|Up to 50 meters outdoors
|Depends on the Find My network
|Android and iOS devices
|iOS devices only
|Square shape with rounded corners and a black casing
|Small circular shape with a white front surface
|Bluetooth and GPS
|Bluetooth Low Energy and Ultra-Wideband (UWB)
Pricing Details: Where and How to Buy JioTag?
The JioTag is priced at ₹750 on Jio.com, although the official retail box states a price of ₹2,199. This discrepancy suggests that the price may fluctuate in due time, but for the time being, the JioTag is definitely among the most affordable item-tracking devices out there.
How to Connect Your Smartphone to JioTag
Here are the steps to connect your smartphone (Android or iOS) to JioTag:
- Step 1: Download the JioThings app from either the App Store or Play Store.
- Step 2: Log in with your Jio account or create a new account.
- Step 3: Tap on the “ADD NEW” button.
- Step 4: Select the JioTag.
- Step 5: Long press on the JioTag Button and wait for a few seconds.
- Step 6: The JioTag will appear on your smartphone screen, tap on the plus icon.
- Step 7: Wait for a few seconds for the connecting process to complete. Your JioTag is now connected to your smartphone.
Read next: Best Smartphone To Buy Under ₹5,000
© 2024 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.