Banks across various states will remain closed for 12 days in June, including Sundays and second and fourth Saturdays, depending on the state.
When Are Banks Closed? In June, banks are closed on the occasions of Y.M.A. Day/Raja Sankranti, Kang/Ratha Yatra, Kharchi Puja, Bakri Eid (Eid-Ul-Zuha), and Remna Ni/Id-Ul-Zuha. If you are planning to deposit or exchange ₹2,000 notes in a bank, make sure to check the holiday list in your state before visiting the bank.
June Bank Holidays 2023 By State:
- June 15 (Thursday) – Y.M.A. Day/Raja Sankranti: Banks are closed in Mizoram and Orissa.
- June 20 (Tuesday) – Kang/Ratha Yatra: Banks are closed in Orissa and Manipur.
- June 26 (Monday) – Kharchi Puja: Banks are closed in Tripura.
- June 28 (Wednesday) – Bakri Eid (Eid-Ul-Zuha): Banks are closed in Maharashtra, Jammu, Kerala, Srinagar.
- June 29 (Thursday) – Bakri Eid (Eid-Ul-Adha): Banks are closed in almost all states except Maharashtra, Sikkim, Orissa, Kerala.
- June 30 (Friday) – Remna Ni/Id-Ul-Zuha: Banks are closed in Mizoram and Orissa.
Banks will be closed for 12 days in June, but users can still access internet banking at all times. Customers will not, however, be able to deposit or withdraw cash from banks. They can still use ATMs to withdraw money.
Get Ring The Bell, Benzinga India’s weekly briefing. Designed specifically for investors like you.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.